Actively engaging in therapy encourages you to be the best version of yourself and live your happiest, healthiest and most productive life.
Therapy is an active process where you address problematic behaviors, beliefs, feelings, and/or relationship issues. You may ask, what will my therapy look like? That’s up to you. The process of therapy is unique to each individual and we empower each person to establish their own goals. We offer some services in both North and South Carolina, but some services are specific to the state we serve. Please read below to learn more about what we offer for your local community.
South Carolina Outpatient Therapy Services
The following services are offered in South Carolina only.
Know you are not alone. Individual therapy is a collaborative relationship with your licensed therapist. Your therapist will ensure a supportive environment that allows you to talk openly with someone who is objective, neutral and nonjudgmental.
‘Family’ includes immediate or extended family and persons significant to you. Family therapy helps families and individuals within that family (including significant others) understand and improve the way they interact and communicate with each other.
Some life experiences Family Therapy can address:
- Conflicts between family members
- A family member’s mental health
- Financial problems or disagreements about money
- Problems in school
- Difficulties between siblings
- Children’s behavior problems
- Caring for a family member with special needs
- A family member’s illness or a death in the family
- Separation or divorce
- How to plan for shared custody of children
TRAUMA FOCUSED – COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPY (TF-CBT)
TF – CBT is an evidence-based treatment for children and adolescents impacted by trauma and their parents or caregivers. TF-CBT addresses many trauma symptoms:
- Cognitive and behavioral problems
- TF-CBT can also assist the family with:
- Personal distress about the child’s traumatic experience
- Effective parenting skills
- Supportive interactions with the child
You and your therapist may decide telehealth is a good fit for you, giving you the option to meet with your therapist virtually, from the comfort of your home or other setting where you feel comfortable. Some benefits of telehealth:
- Limiting physical contact reduces everyone’s exposure to COVID-19
- Visiting virtually can address health issues wherever you are, even from the comfort of home
- Less time commuting means less time off from work; reduces the need for child care; less money spent on transportation
Licensed therapists complete a thorough assessment, with input from you (and others if you allow). The assessment may be used to establish medical necessity; confirm a diagnosis (diagnoses); assist in the development of an individualized plan of care based upon your strengths and needs and/or to assess progress in treatment and confirm the need for continued treatment.
South Carolina Community and/or Home-Based Services
An assessment* is required prior to beginning Community and/or Home-Based services.
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services (PRS)
PRS provides the opportunity to build and/or improve a variety of skills, this is not therapy. You will be linked with someone who can assist you with developing skills and accessing resources needed to increase your ability to be successful and satisfied in the living, working, learning and social environments you choose.
PRS can assist you with:
- Independent living skills – to live as actively and independently as possible
- Personal living skills – daily and healthy living habits and self-care skills
- Interpersonal skills – communication skills and environmental supports
Behavior Modification (BMOD)
BMOD is a process used to change patterns of behavior. Your child will be paired with a Behavior Modification Specialist who will support, guide, and reinforce your child’s ability to learn life skills. BMOD will empower your child to change existing behaviors, develop new behaviors, and function more effectively with those around him/her. BMOD is available only to persons 0-21 years of age.
Family Support equips families/caregivers with coping skills to better handle challenges and crisis situations as related to their child’s behavioral health or substance use. You and/or your family will be paired with a Family Support specialist who will educate you and/or your family to be an advocate for their child and assume their rightful role as an important and active part of their child’s treatment. Family Support is available only to family and/or caregivers of persons 0-21 years of age.
Frequently Asked Questions
We serve youth, adults, and families that have Medicaid or other private insurance coverage. We also serve persons that prefer to self- pay. For more information please feel free to contact us.
- Your insurance card.
- Your questions – write them down as you think if them and bring something to take notes if you are concerned you may forget things.
- Goals – you are the expert on you. What do you want to achieve?
- Something that brings you comfort (if you’re feeling a bit nervous)
With active insurance coverage, most are able to receive services at no charge.
Actually, that’s up to you. We want to empower you to be the best version of you. That is a journey you do not have to take all alone. We can help you with many of the challenges life brings your way. People come to us for a variety of reasons: managing stress; significant life events (marriage-divorce-birth/adoption of a child); managing emotions. Some people simply need someone to listen without judgment and offer feedback with no underlying motive.
It is important to know, you can stop receiving services at any time if you feel it’s not working for you.
Do you have a patient that could use our help?
Refer a Patient
Often when we think of “teenagers,” we instantly lean into all the negative misrepresentations our teenage population has received generation after generation. The truth is
After such a long, cold and dreary winter, isn’t it rejuvenating to feel the wind in our hair and the warmness of the sun on